Success means so many different things to different people. And once you let go of society’s, your family and your friend’s version of “success”, perhaps you will discover what your personal version of success means to you.
Some of these may sound silly or insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but when I took a hard look at my life and what I want out of it, even the littlest things add up. Over the years, I realized that regardless of the number of weddings I book, the magazine features I get, or the type of business I run, there are certain things that define what success is to me. This is my personal version of success, and as long as these hold true, the rest is just icing on the cake.
Success to me is…
1. being able to work in yoga pants.
2. making enough of a business profit to be able to support my family and go on vacations.
3. having the flexibilty to take days off, have spontaneous lunch dates, or just lay in my bed when i’m not feeling well
4. having my work be able to support my travel addiction
5. having a job that keeps me creative and working with other creatives
6. not working in a cubicle
7. doing work that keeps me inspired and wanting to grow more every year as a business owner
so that’s it. some of them are very simple, yet all of them are so important to me. these may change over time as my life changes, but in the last six years they really have not changed all that much. what i hold true then is still true now. just a reminder that everyone has their own version of success, and to always focus on what is true to yours.